You’ll require revealing evidence that you’re qualified for a wheelchair car. It deserves getting this ready prior to you start looking for a vehicle.
- Identification Card: Passport or driving license
- Your certificate of entitlement
You must comply with these steps to get a wheelchair car:
- Find a dealer
- You can locate a dealership near where you reside on the wheelchair site.
- You can likewise call the wheelchair helpline.
- Meet with the dealership
As soon as you have located a dealership, request for an appointment with their mobility expert. You can ask to visit you in your home or help organize your transport to and from the car dealership if it’s difficult for you to get there.
You’ll be asked to do a survey to aid to discover a vehicle that suits you ideally.
Allow your supplier know if you assume your car requires to be adapted. A wheelchair provides some adaptations completely free; you can inspect if the adaption you require is readily available on their website.
If you use a mobility device or mobility aid, take it with you to see to it suits the automobile.
If you’re not pleased with the choice of automobiles the dealer needs to supply, it deserves calling another,and they might have other options.
- Order your car
Once you have found the right vehicle, you can buy it at the car dealership.
You’ll need to show:
- Certification of entitlement.
- Identification, such as a passport or driving license.
- Evidence of address, such as a tax bill or bank declaration from the last six months.
- If you drive the vehicle, you’ll need to show your driving license.
Ontwo weeks after getting your car, you’ll get a verification letter in the post. Maintain it safe; it contains your PIN. You’ll need this when you gather your vehicle.
- Gather your automobile and sign the lease
You’ll authorize your lease arrangement by entering your PIN at the dealership.